Traditionally, in a city’s local government structure, Mayors oversee a city’s main Departments, including the Police, Fire, Education, Housing and Transportation Departments. At the same time, their responsibilities vary depending on the structure.
In the case of the Village of Timberlake, our Mayor, John Marra, oversees the Police, Service, Financial,
and Building Departments, as well as Employees and other Officials, including:
- Village Solicitor – Jeremy Iosue
- Interim Police Chief – Christopher Pattie
- Fiscal Officer – Joanne Clapp
- Council Secretary – Sunny Parihar
- Maintenance Inspector of Building – Gary Gray
- Property Code Official – Kim Saba
- Service Department Employees
Council Members are in charge of the Legislative Processes of the city, while the Mayor is responsible for all the Administrative Duties, in which he/she has significantly more authority.
The Mayor is responsible for hiring and firing staff, may have veto power and is responsible for implementing legislation passed by the Council.
The Mayor is responsible for ceremonial duties and may have some legislative power as well.